Friday, February 12, 2010
If you haven't watched it yet, you should. It's a refreshing drama, biography, romance, comedy film that would get bloggers and cooks quite inspired. At least it inspired me to try such cooking pledge project. It's not exactly a cooking show, but you will get cooking tips that might come in handy. Anyway, here are 10 things I love about the film:
1. Julia Child's kitchen (of course), especially because it has bits of turquoise color here and there.
2. Props from the Julia Child year, those copper pans and the furniture at their home.
3. Julie Powell's husband. I think he's such a nice person.
4. Julie Powell's vintage lace dress at the celebration ending her cooking assignment.
5. Amy Adams bed-head haircut.
6. The Butter Fact - that it makes everything taste much better. I agree.
7. The lobster scene.
8. Julia Child's funny mimics and moves.
9. The chicken with cream and mushroom recipe. I'd love to try it. Find the recipe here.
10. Meryl Streep's superb acting. A round of applause!
Oh, and you can also read some posts of the real blog owned by Julie Powell here.
image form here.
I'm packing up to spend the next two weeks (minimum) at my parents home in Yogyakarta (Jogja). I'm really excited to meet the family and the four legged ones too :) And I have planned an itinerary including cooking, paddy field tracking and hunting vintage stuff. I do hope I get some goodies to post back. What I really hope too is that my luggage looked as pretty as the ones in the pictures. Sigh...
Monday, February 1, 2010
These fill-in-yourself cards would be very expressive. I mean, why have somebody tell you how you feel when you can jot down your exact words and expressions? my fill-ins for the hubby would be...
- i think you look most great even in those crappy pants
- you are my wonder works with works of wonder
- i love how you always remember to buy me orange juice
image: mydesigndelight via lovely little things
I'm sure I'm not the only mother who can't stop grinning when you find out that your baby can actually come to a sitting position on his own. Well, this is what happened today and thank god my camera wasn't far away so that I took a snap at him right away. Hihihi.
The choice would surely be this recipe for the month of February. V day is coming, so this might be a some kind of delivery you would do for a some one?
- 1 pack of pizza dough
- 1/2 kg minced meat
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- salt n pepper
How to fix it up:
Shape the dough in to a heart shape while you get the diced tomatoes and chopped onions in a pan. Add in the minced meat, oregano, salt n pepper to meet your taste. Cook until the meat has turned light brown and the tomatoes have dissolved in to a paste texture. Top the topping on the dough and grate cheese and heart shaped salami on top. Leave to bake for approx 10 to 15 mins in the oven and it's all ready to be taken out!
photo by Adi Nugroho