"Welcome to 'The Jot Pot', my admiration of all things inspiring, food, art, and parts of my daily life."

Friday, February 12, 2010

julie & julia



If you haven't watched it yet, you should. It's a refreshing drama, biography, romance, comedy film that would get bloggers and cooks quite inspired. At least it inspired me to try such cooking pledge project. It's not exactly a cooking show, but you will get cooking tips that might come in handy. Anyway, here are 10 things I love about the film:


1. Julia Child's kitchen (of course), especially because it has bits of turquoise color here and there.
2. Props from the Julia Child year, those copper pans and the furniture at their home.
3. Julie Powell's husband. I think he's such a nice person.
4. Julie Powell's vintage lace dress at the celebration ending her cooking assignment.
5. Amy Adams bed-head haircut.
6. The Butter Fact - that it makes everything taste much better. I agree.
7. The lobster scene. 
8. Julia Child's funny mimics and moves. 
9. The chicken with cream and mushroom recipe. I'd love to try it. Find the recipe here.
10. Meryl Streep's superb acting. A round of applause!


Oh, and you can also read some posts of the real blog owned by Julie Powell here.


image form here.

2 comments:

  1. i knowwww, i looove the movie.. not crazy about the ending though, have a safe trip to jogja!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me tooooo!!!! So inspiring! Makes me want to cook and eat right away!!! *slurp!* :P

    ReplyDelete