"Welcome to 'The Jot Pot', my admiration of all things inspiring, food, art, and parts of my daily life."

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

serendipity

photo: doc. google images

You would probably have heard of this place if you are a fan of the film Serendipity and One Fine Day  – like I am. If you are, you would remember when Sara Thomas (Kate Beckinsale) ate ice cream with Jonathan Trager (John Cusack) at Serendipity's and experienced “seredipitatiousness” throughout the film, or when Melanie Parker (Michelle Pfeiffer) took Sammy and Maggie for a treat at Serendipity's when not long after that lost Maggie and cried at the police station mentioning that she hasn't paid the bills at Serendipity. Yes, I watched the films a million times. 


how can you not want to dine here?

photo: doc serendipity.com

Anyway, thanks to both of those films,  Serendipity has found itself another fan. I've fallen for the atmosphere and interior I think, but checking out the menu and variety of ice cream on the website is certainly a bonus. Plus, I just love the meaning of Serendipity – fortunate discoveries by accident. This is a dream destination. Oh, could someone please fly me to Manhattan, New York, already?

No comments:

Post a Comment