"Welcome to 'The Jot Pot', my admiration of all things inspiring, food, art, and parts of my daily life."

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

spring rolls #CPP1

To be honest, I've made spring rolls several times already,  also for my Icip-icip article at CosmoGIRL! once, but never got them looking just right. This time I did *big grin*:) I found out that you have to put in quite an amount of filling to make sure your spring roll stays a solid round tube shape. Before, mine always turned out a flat rectangle shape - not fun. Now, because of the camera being unavailable, I made use of what I captured with my phone camera, played around with it on photoshop and made my own spring-roll-set-image. A clap or two for the effort, please? :) Here's my most preferable recipe after former attempts:
My filling: 
- 2 big handfuls of beansprouts
- quarter of a cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, thinly cut into matchsticks
- 4 onion leaves, chopped
- 1/4 kg Minced beef
- oyster sauce 
- 12 spring roll/ lumpia sheets (available in the frozen section in supermarkets)
How I make: Put in two table spoons of oil in to a pan and stir the minced beef until cooked. Add in all the veggies until soft. Season with oyster sauce and mix well together. Taste. You can add salt and pepper to meet your taste, but usually oyster sauce does it right. Transfer mix in a bowl to cool. Prepare the wrappers and one egg white. When cool, add a table spoon and a bit more of filling to the wrapper and slowly roll into a tube while tucking the sides in and securing with egg whites. While wrapping, prepare oil in a pan to deep fry so the rolls can be immediately fried once done. Easy and tastes even more delish with this specific chili sauce, Sambal Bangkok. Happy munching!

No comments:

Post a Comment